Why companies choose Solid Edge
- Synchronous Technology: a unique 3D design technology that combines the speed and flexibility of direct modelling with precise control of dimension driven design, to provide the fastest, most flexible design experience possible.
- Superior transition from 2D to 3D: Solid Edge is the only 2D/3D design system offering a solution for creating and maintaining 2D data as well as utilizes it in your 3D design process in a single product.
- Complete product modelling toolset: Built on Parasolid and D-Cubed, the most complete and powerful surface and solid modelling solution in its class.
- Best sheet metal modelling in its class: A dedicated environment for accelerating the design of sheet metal parts through automatic flat pattern generation and documentation.
- Optimal performance and management of massive assemblies: Solid Edge has clear leadership in massive assembly design making it practical to work with models well in excess of 100,000 parts.
- Production-proven 2D drafting: Solid Edge leads the market in automatic drawing creation supporting all drawing view types, dimensions, annotations and complete 2D drawing tools.
- Scalable design and failure analysis: The simulation tools in Solid Edge range from Femap Express to Femap and can take full advantage of simplified and mid surface models.
- Collaboration throughout the supply chain: Siemens offers a complete suite of view and markup tools for collaborating with internals, customers and supplies.
- Scalable design and design management solutions: Choose from a range of design and data management tools that suite your business needs.